The Parish Council's Role in Planning

Please SCROLL DOWN to see the document which explains how YOU can see planning applications and comment on them!

The Parish Council is NOT the body responsible for planning: Wychavon District Council has that role.  The PC is, however, contacted about all relevant planning applications and is entitled to comment.  The Council’s comment counts for neither more nor less than any individual‘s comment, so it is VITAL that residents with opinions about planning make a representation themselves to Wychavon.  We cannot over-emphasise this point!

The PC will make residents aware of applications it is consulted about through the usual communication channels.  You can then search the documents either by following our link to Wychavon Planning or by going to and clicking on the link “search planning applications” on the left of the page.  You then enter the application number (a recent one is 18/02644, an application for outline permission for one dwelling in High Street, Badsey).  You are then able to download documents to view on your computer or upload a comment of your own.  Follow the instructions on the Wychavon page. 

Documents can also be seen during office hours at the Wychavon offices in Pershore or at the Evesham Contact Centre in Abbey Road. It is possible to comment by post as well as online.  The important thing is to make a comment if you have an opinion to express: your opinion matters!